During your care, a doctor may need to examine you in order to provide you with the best care. Occasionally this may involve an examination of intimate area. We understand that this can be stressful and embarrassing. If this sort of examination is necessary.
- We will explain to you why the examination is necessary and give you the opportunity to ask questions.
- We will explain what the examination will involve
- We will obtain your permission before carrying out this examination
- You will be offered a chaperone
- Your privacy will be respected at all times
Leaflets and other written information about various illnesses and conditions are available on display and from the practice nurses.